The Advantages of Garage Conversions
If you’re short on space at home, a costly extension or an even costlier house move may seem like the only two options. Converting your garage, however, is often the perfect solution for creating extra living space without breaking the bank.
A garage can be so much more than storage for unwanted boxes and a rusty bike. In fact, converting it can be a perfect option for many homeowners because the space it creates is completely versatile and limitless in its choices for use! To help you consider your options, we’ve put together a guide for potentially making your dream space a reality.
Why a Garage Conversion?
Converting your garage is the most flexible way to extend your home. You’ll be spoilt for choice on what to use it for, as this large new space can be any number of things depending on your needs. Below are a number of great options for converting your garage:
- A self-contained annex for people wishing to accommodate an older parent, or offer some independence to an older teenage child.
- A self-contained studio apartment for letting to a student, or as a short-term or holiday let such as AirBnB.
- A work space at home, which can range from a stylish home office to a hairdresser’s studio or therapy space.
- A new living space, such as large dining room, play room or to turn a section of the house into an enviable open-plan dream space!
- A guest bedroom with en-suite, for entertaining visitors and accommodating family at Christmas time.
Whatever your reason for converting your garage, you’ll see from the above options that doing so can offer everything from extra space to an extra income - or even both!
Benefits of Converting Your Garage
While there’s lots to consider before making any major changes to your home, there are many benefits to having your garage converted, including:
- Instantly adding value to your home. An additional room will massively appeal to potential future buyers or increase the price of your house should you ever wish to remortgage.
- Creating a whole new part to your home, with minimal hassle! With a garage conversion your dream can become a reality - whether that’s housing a new business or providing some much-needed extra space for your family.
- It’s completely tailored to your needs. A garage conversion is an extremely versatile space solution. From a simple conversion to the inclusion of a bathroom and kitchen, the choice is yours. At D Rice Installations, we also offer part-conversions, perfect for those wanting to keep some garage space for storage, while also increasing their living space.
Think it over
Still not sure? We understand this isn’t a decision to take lightly. We advise our customers to consider all of their options before committing to any work.
The vast majority of homeowners will find that a garage conversion is a more appealing option than moving or adding a separate extension, because these are both more costly and more disruptive than simply converting the space you already have.
Contact us for Garage Conversion Services
Our family-run team at D Rice Installations cover many areas in Hampshire including Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford, Winchester, Southampton, Hedge End, West End, Bishopstoke, Fair Oak, Titchfield and Botley, and we’d be delighted to help with your vision for turning your garage into your dream space. You can contact us for advice and information by calling 02380614277 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you visit the contact form on our contact page, you can send us a message regarding your garage conversion needs.